Sunday 11 February 2018

Valentine's Day Activist

Alright so I am about to drop quite the controversial statement...

I LOVE Valentine's Day. 

I love it so much. What is there not to love about a day dedicated to chocolate, flowers and items covered in pink hearts?! Oh ya, and love. 

I had this conversation with my friends the other night, during my "GALentines day" party, which I hosted so we could all get together, drink some red sangria, and play weird board games (typical rachel get-together).

As we stuffed our faces full of the rather dense (almost hockey puck-like), vegan/GF chocolate cake I made, we talked about how strange it is to encounter humans (term used lightly?) that don't like Valentine's Day. I completely understand when people say "I don't need a special day to show someone I like them" but in reality, if you aren't giving your bf or gf small, foil-wrapped chocolate hearts on a daily basis, then ya, you do.  

So for those of you who have a significant other, make sure to be extra sweet on the 14th and be generous with those kissy-faced emojis. You don't have to go overboard, but a 600 dollar Tiffanys necklace sincerely written card can go a long way.  Those of you rockin' that single status hard this V-day, just use this opportunity to show yourself a little self-love 💗

Rachel 



No comments:

Post a Comment