Tuesday 30 January 2018

Proud Owner of a Bland Face

Why am I here so early?

A memoir by Rachel Moore 

PSA to any student, anywhere, in their entire life, do not ever sign up for an 8:30 am, 3-hour philosophy class. Especially if your loved ones compare you to a sloth on a regular basis since you need at least ten hours of sleep a day to stay functioning.  It is now 7:40 am and I am sitting in the corner of the cafeteria building, wearing a Nike hoody with just a bra under it! I didn't even put on a shirt! That's how much I don't care right now. Actually, I even looked at my eyes in the mirror while doing my makeup, and thought for a couple minutes about putting mascara on, and decided against it. I figured the bare-eyed look would make me look a lot busier and rushed than I actually was. This is something I did on a daily basis last term until my mom told me "you look so bland without mascara so please just wear it". 

I have worn it every day since this conversation last November, but she was probably exploding inside this morning from the impact of my bland face. Except it's not THAT bland because I used highlighter instead of blotting powder on my nose so I'm looking pretty shiny--just a small tactic to distract my philosophy teacher enough to end the class early because her eyeballs hurt)

But anyways, I should probably go grab a third coffee and google some sloth images since this blog post has me feigning for a sloth-fix now. 

Happy Tuesday ☕️

Rachel 



No comments:

Post a Comment